Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday April 19 Arles

Today was a day of self indulgence and guilty pleasures. We took advantage of a totally free day to sleep in until almost noon, which for someone who gets up at 5:30am every other day was quite a surprise. Of course, almost noon here is the same as 5:30am EDT at home. I made sure I appreciated the hotel's hot showers, thick towels and hair dryer because I know what is, or should I say isn't, in store for me in the coming months staying in the sparse accommodations of the gites and albergues.

Needless to stay our indulgences included food and drink. Croissants and paninis, Alfligem (sp) beer and loose leaved hot tea, a warm artichoke tomato and olive bruschetta style pizza and we still have dinner to look forward to.

I am still trying to get into the speaking French mindset. I keep 'si si' ing when I should be 'oui oui'ing, and 'por favor' ing when I should be 's'il vous plait' ing. I am getting a little more daring in at least attempting to converse in French. I was able to scout out a SIM card for our phone and to comprehend that it was way too expensive. I'll have to develop some more advanced negotiating skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment